Healthy Minds Group, LLC has been approved by the National Board For Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6922. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Healthy Minds Group, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Understand the needs of male survivors
- Understand the needs of families of male survivors
- Understanding and healing the relationships
- Understanding the high risk of suicide, substance abuse, and juvenile delinquency in male survivors
- Structure of family treatment with a male survivor as the identified patient
- Family Trauma Treatments and how to adapt to male identity
- Parent Child Interactive Therapy and Filial Therapy
- Child parent psychotherapy
- Attachment-based therapies
- Cognitive Behavior Therapies AFCBT and TFCBT and CPT
- Trauma Adaptation family connection
- Participants will increase in their understanding of the different family therapy models available to treat traumatized family systems
- Participants will be able to adapt specific treatment models to account for the specific needs of traumatized males and their families
- Participants will be able to identify authentic methods of risk assessment, safety planning, and how to mitigate risk factors through early prevention in families of male survivors
- Participants will develop an understanding and method of how to structure family trauma therapy
- Participants will be able to apply appropriate treatment models by adapting interventions for the male identity
- Participants will be able to develop appropriate treatment goals to adapt to the male identity
- Transforming the meaning
- Family Sculpting
- Attachment work with males
Shefali Gandhi, Psy.D. is a Licensed Psychologist in the State of Arizona specializing in care for patients coping with anxiety, depression, grief, sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, PTSD, Autism, Asperger’s, poor social skills, poor anger management skills, parenting difficult adolescents and children, attachment issues, identity development and the LGBT population. Shefali also treats disruptive behavior disorders such as ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder. She is the Clinical Director of ChildHelp Children’s Advocacy Center of Arizona. ChildHelp responds to the overwhelming needs of abused children with community partners: the Phoenix Police Department, the Office of Child Welfare Investigations, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office and the Arizona Attorney General’s Office.
Anne Ngamsombat, LPC is a Licensed Professional Counselor who has extensive experience working with law enforcement, department of child safety, juveniles, families, courts and corrections. She received a master’s degree in forensic psychology from the University of Denver in 2007. As the Lead Victim Advocate at Childhelp Children’s Center of Arizona, she developed and supervised the advocacy center’s extensive victim advocacy program. Through policy development and leadership, she has improved victim services to serve over 150 families each month at the center. Her contribution to the center has had a tremendous positive impact on the investigation outcomes for these families. Prior to her leadership position at the Children’s Advocacy Center, she was a treating clinician in the Maricopa County Juvenile Probation program providing treatment to detained youth. She helped to develop and implement holistic treatment programs in accordance with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) standards thereby increasing the safety and well-being of incarcerated juveniles. She is passionate about providing support for healing in a safe environment and has trained professionals in the areas of child sexual abuse, adolescent brain development, mental health, suicide prevention and intervention, and vicarious trauma..
Our cancellation policy
We reserve the right to cancel a Continuing Education Course and refund all fees in the event of insufficient registration. Participants who cancel their registration will receive a 90% refund when notice is given at least 7 days prior to the course date.
If you are not satisfied, let us know and we will make it right by you.